Shop

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Women's Voices Quilt - Blocks 3 and 4

Block 3 - Coxey's Camp
After the depression in 1983, Jacob Coxey led a group of unemployed men to Washington, D.C. to draw attention to the need for legislation to increase employment. In commemoration of the efforts of "Coxey's Army," this block was stitched.


Block 4 - Brown Goose
Women "raised their own feathers" for bedding; thus, this block was named. This was an easy block and was done in browns. This block is also known today as "Double Z" and is done in a variety of colors.





2 comments:

  1. I love the Double Z blocks, its one of my favs! Love your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie,
    I decided to have lunch at the computer today and read some of my friends' blogs. I love all your quilt and fair pictures. You are so creative. Truly an inspiration to your friends! I wishe I had more time to "click around your site".

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

If you want me to reply to your comment, please leave your email addy! :-) annie