Shop

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Raining Again!

It rained on Friday, and it's raining again right now. But it's still 81 degrees at 7:30-ish!


Here's my current favorite kitchen set. It matches the walls in the kitchen and it's such a wonderful green. Made by me, of course. This morning I added a white trim to the pot holders and matching (round) coasters, and then took them all to the fair.


Doh! I almost missed entering my handiwork in the fair this year! And I've been thinking about this year since last year, gathering things.
I've been so distracted with Denny's saga that I completely forgot to look up the entry date. Instead, I focused on the opening date. Last night, I finally realized that, of course I couldn't just show up the first day of the fair with my things! So this morning, I called the department head and told her I was very disappointed with myself for missing the deadline, but if she still wanted me to do some kind of heirloom stitching demonstration, I would be happy to volunteer again.
She was so kind and gracious! She asked me what I was going to enter and then told me to come today between 12:00 and 3:00. (Judging would begin at 3:00.) So I made it just under the wire!! She didn't have to let me enter; the rules say: "no entries after 4:00 pm on Saturday." Last night I was sad to the point of distraction; today I'm elated! Yippee!!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want me to reply to your comment, please leave your email addy! :-) annie