Shop

Friday, November 21, 2008

and the wind blows

It's often windy here on the prairie, and right now, it's a COLD wind blowing through Billings. Lots of kids at school are sick, including my student, so I don't have to go to school today. I have a sore throat as well, so I'm happy to stay home.

Today while I listen to the wind rattle my windows, I'm crocheting dishcloths and I might also be able to get after that 30's table topper I'm hand quilting. Later, when it warms up a bit, I'll walk to the grocery (a mile and a half each way) for a few necessary provisions.

Yesterday I distributed 16 sign language books to kids in my Sign Language Club. They were so excited! And I was excited to see their enthusiasm. I expect some questions and lots of "Mrs. Fischer, look at this!" next week. Kids are so fun!

Our whole middle school (600 kids, grades 5-8) walked 3 blocks to the high school yesterday afternoon for a musical performance. It was a play about high school kids based on music from the 80s. It was so cute and the kids did such a great job that I invited Michelle to go with me for last night's performance. We were not disappointed; we laughed and laughed. And there were all kinds of kids in the play - high and low academic achievers, special ed; some looked more comfortable on stage than others. It was not a Hollywood production, but it was VERY well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want me to reply to your comment, please leave your email addy! :-) annie